First things first
In order to get a job as a criminal justice officer, you need to first pass the National Criminal Justice Officer Selection Inventory (NCJOSI). NCJOSI practice test can help you prepare for this test though a number of practice exercises and important test-taking tips to make you pass this test with good scores. NCJOSI job practice test not only helps you to get an idea about the test format but also acquaints you with the various strategies you need to follow for the test for optimum results.
What are the NCJOSI Tests?
NCJOSI stand for the National Criminal Justice Officer Selection Inventory. This test is targeted to assess the personality traits and cognitive aptitude that is required for the job of a criminal justice officer. This test is designed by experts in the field from all over the United States. The NCJOSI tests are used to evaluate the candidates personality attributes, problem solving skills, reading comprehension, writing skills, and mathematics. The NCJOSI test is divided into two different sections to evaluate different skill sets of the candidates – the cognitive section and the behavioral attributes section.
The cognitive section of the NCJOSI test is further divided into two sub-sections –
- NCJOSI I – The first sub-section of the cognitive test includes a total number of 45 multiple choice questions for the candidate to answer. These questions are oriented to assess the following abilities –
- Problem Solving Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Writing Skills
- NCJOSI II – The second section of the cognitive test includes around 80 questions testing the following abilities of the candidates –
- Verbal Comprehension
- Verbal Expression
- Problem Sensitivity
- Deductive Reasoning
- Inductive Reasoning
- Spatial Orientation
- Selective Attention
- Flexibility of Closure
Behavioural attributes section:
This section of the NCJOSI test is used to assess traits related to personality like attitude, choices and judgment abilities. These attributes will be tested on the basis of your agreement of certain statements that will be put before you in the test.
What states use the NCJOSI Test for evaluation?
There are a number of states in the US that use the NCJOSI test for evaluation. The states that use the NCJOSI test are –
- New Jersey
- South Carolina
How do I pass the NCJOSI Test?
In order to pass the NCJOSI test you need to start your preparation early with the help of NCJOSI exam preparation guide. It will help you familiarize with various concepts of the NCJOSI test and prepare you beforehand to face the test with full confidence. Take a look at the following tips the can help you pass the NCJOSI test with good scores –
Start preparing early
Plan a schedule and start preparing for the NCJOSI test well in time. Be regular at your readings and practice exercises to know about a number of test-strategies that can help you get a good score at the test. Preparing ahead of time will also save you from all the exam time nervousness and anxiety, thereby impacting your performance in a positive way.
Build up confidence
Before sitting for the NCJOSI test, you need to work on your confidence by trusting your abilities to the fullest. Building confidence will help you focus on the questions during the test instead of getting anxious. This will also save you from wasting any time on re-reading the questions out of nervousness. Therefore. You must work on centering your belief in yourself and your abilities to perform up to the mark in the final test.
In order to pass the NCJOSI test with good scores, it is imperative that you stay motivated throughout. You need to develop a positive outlook towards the prospect of passing this test and getting your dream job. You can develop a positive attitude by thinking about this test as a challenge that needs to be accepted to turn your dreams into a reality.
Take care physically & mentally
Your physical and mental wellness is very crucial throughout your preparation phase in order to yield great results from the actual test. You need to sleep well and stop yourself from getting anxious about the test. Following a disciplined schedule during this period will surely help you get optimum results.
Proper time management is quite important to manage your test well. You also need to arrive at the test site well within time to settle yourself for the test.
Why preparing for the NCJOSI Test is so important?
- To familiarize with the test format – NCJOSI test preparation will help you to a great extent to get an idea about the test format and the type of questions that might appear in the two different sections of the final test. NCJOSI practice test not only helps you perform well in the exam but it also helps you to answer the questions well within the scheduled time. Getting acquainted with the test format will also boost up your confidence to face the test along with scoring good marks.
- To get an idea about the test rules – Another factor that makes NCJOSI test preparation quite important is the fact that it helps you understand all the test related guidelines. Getting an idea about the test related guidelines can help you a lot by saving you unnecessary time understanding them during the final test day. This way you get some extra time to focus on your questions on the final test day.
- To get some test-taking tips – NCJOSI job practice test contains practice exercises that are very useful for you to attain good scores in the test. It even contains a number of test-taking tips that can provide you with all the details that are essential to pass the test. Therefore, you must opt for NCJOSI test preparation for achieving optimum results in the NCJOSI test.